Re: GSBN: Is it time? - as seen from Denmark

Hi Bill,
As the first houses are still being finished here in Denmark this is an early step for us. But I just wanted to tell you, that we have good success hooking up owner-builders and future sb-owners with each other, forming networks. And I´d say, that they´d choose to participate in such an initiative as a logical step in the process.

Best Wishes, Lars Keller

---
You wrote:
Hi GSBN folks,

There's something that's been mulling around in my mind lately, and I think
the time might be right.

We've collectively spent a lot of time building, changing building codes,
teaching others, etc etc.  Now many SB homes have been built all over the
world - over 50 right here in the Austin area, and I know other areas that
have good numbers too.

Is it time to form an International Straw Bale Homeowners Association?

Collective clout can have effects on things like

	The mortgage industry's acceptance
	Building officials/codes
	The insurance industry
	Research
	Public awareness
	etc

Potential advantages to the homeowner:

	a communication vehicle regarding mortgages and insurance issues/rates
	...(help me out here.  it's late and the brain's getting tired)

A modest fee ($50/year?) from even half the existing SB homeowners would
probably amount to a pretty decent amount of money.  Of course you wouldn't
have to be an owner at present to be a member - you could be a future
homeowner.  We'd want to be able to list enough benefits for the homeowners
to be motivated to kick in their hard earned bucks.

Presently the domain name strawbalehomeowners.org is available.  It costs
$70 to grab it.  We'll be happy to host it here, of course.  We'll need
someone to be the official contact address/phone etc, to collect the dues,
keep the records, etc.

I think GSBN could act as the advisory board.

Lots of other technical details to work out, but first, what does everyone
here think of the idea?

BC