Re: GSBN: Is it time?

I'm not quite sure what you are proposing to develop, Bill?  How would this association be different from those which already exist, including
GSBN, state associations (CASBA, SBAT, SBAN, et al), groups formed in other countries who work with and coordinate efforts through GSBN?

What would the members get for their $50-75 fee?  Who would head up the group? How exactly do you see this new group providing those things you
listed as things the association could affect through its collective clout -- the mortgage industry's acceptance, building officials/codes, the
insurance industry, research, public awareness.  To accomplish these things takes coordinated efforts and monetary support.

Seems to me that the existing groups and associations are struggling financially to keep going already -- for example, DCAT, TLS, and state
associations like SBAN where we have really good local contact and networking and can focus on concerns more directly.  Maybe we should bolster
development of and lend more support to existing organizations, associations, efforts instead of adding something new.

I don't disagree with involving homeowners along with the professionals, but the owners/builders and future owner/builders I work with would
probably not have $50-75/annual fee to contribute unless they had major benefits from the association.

Will be interested in hearing reactions and responses from others.

Joyce Coppinger
Re:Build Associates and
The Straw Bale Asssociaton of Nebraska

billc@...: