GSBN: Want to be on the TLS Advisory Board?

	Quiet days on the ol' Global Straw Builders' Network list. (Can you hear
the wind whistling between all of our busy schedules? Or is that our busy
schedules churning up the breeze?)

	I have a proposal that I'd like comments on, and I'm presenting it under
the guise that it's time to ante up money for the cost to run the list
again. (Actually, it really is.) How about if The Last Straw pays for it?

	I guess there's more to it than just that.

	One of the things we've wanted to do at TLS for almost two years is create
an advisory board. It occurred to us some time ago that just about
everybody we'd like to have on the board is already here. So what we'd like
to do is utilize the GSBN list by posting edited stories (just the text,
not photos) that are under consideration for the journal. Anybody who
chooses to can read them, comment on them, point out and correct
inaccuracies, propose counterpoint stories, bring up auxiliary information,
tell us that it's not a good story to run, etc.

	Participation is optional. Anybody who responds with suggestions, ideas,
or comments will be listed as an active member of the Advisory Board on the
masthead in the issue in which the story is published.

	We won't be giving out the list's address or publicizing it, nor will we
be cluttering up your mailbox with internal communication. This proposal is
made solely in the interest of continuing to improve The Last Straw. The
list will of course stay available as an under-utilized networking tool (if
it becomes busy at its originally-intended purpose for some reason, we'll
just make a separate TLS Advisory Board list... but the way things are, it
seems to make good sense to stack the functions).

	Comments?

   Freewheeling autonomous speculation - Think!
    I'm off the clock and on my own time, dig?
         Mark Piepkorn (f.k.a. M J Epko)
        duckchow@...
               Kingston, New Mexico
 We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing,
 while others judge us by what we have already done.
               - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Kavanagh