GSBN:literature for TLS / GSBN

After classicism with Schiller and Goethe or the  books of Karl Marx, Freud, Jung,
Horkheimer, Habermas, Adorno and some  publications on Baubiologie the German language
zone is now enriched with two  revolutionary publications on straw-bale techniques, one
booklet of 46 pages  "Bauen mit Ballen" and one book with 96 pages  "Bauen mit Stroh". Ê
Bauen mit Ballen is edited by  straw-bale pioneer Harald Wedig and a compilation of 6
German speaking authors.  Its very useful for those who like to prove a first taste of
the magic that  straw-bale building can offer. We learn about history, general techniques
and it  offers some personal dreams and insights of the authors. The booklet contains
some hints for networking including addresses. Appealing colour pictures provide  a sense
for lowcost housing and for comfortable housing. A nice present or  collector item for
your straw-bale library. I bought directly a bunch of  it. Ê The book is published by OLV
(Organischer Landbau  Verlagsgesellschaft mbH) PBox 1139, D-46509 Xanten, Germany, 1999,
T:  0049.2801.71701 - F: 0049.2801.71703 - email: OLV_Verlag@...ISBN
3-922201-34-2 price: DM 16.80 / SFR 16.30 / OES 123.00 Ê Bauen mit Stroh is a great
book, written and compiled by Herbert and Astrid Gruber. You can feel the  swinging
feather of Herbert who is a journalist and Astrids inspiring style. You  find a rather
updated overview on straw-bale buildings worldwide. A large  variety of pictures provide
insight on selfbuilder solutions and professional  applications. We find answers to most
of the questions a newcomer might have on  straw-bale techniques, properties, insulation
value, elasticity, fire-resitance,  mice, rats, insects, mould... and moisture. We find
recommondations on stuccoing and valuable insidertips. Last not least an  excellent
international ressourcelist with websites and addresses invites  to link up with the
worldwibe straw-bale network. This book will definitly  fascinate many people to realize
their dream house. And yes your internetnet  bookseller will deliver it directly. Highly
recommendable. Published by Oekobuch Verlag, Staufen bei Freiburg 2000,
http://www.oekobuch.deÊ; email: oekobuch@...3-922964-76-1
 , price: DM 24,90 / SFr 24,90 / ?S 181,- =  ca.$ 12Ê Ê Ê Ê Ê