Re: ASTM E 84 Test

<x-rich>>>>>
From: "Howard Switzer" <ecoarchitech@...:"theblackrange"
Yes, keep us posted and we will make it down there for one of those shindigs. We began putting up straw on Turtle House this past weekend. This is a studio and residence for sister Larraine Lauter at St. Josephs Maple Mount Farm near Ownesboro,KY. It is the most beautiful site we've worked on and the volunteeers from the surrounding community were delightful. Unfortunately much of the straw she had was a bit too wet for me to be at all comfortable about putting it up. I was getting readings from my tester of 30, 60, sometimes even 106 or more in some of the bales. We searched through the bales and found some under 20 whaich we put up into walls but most of it is stacked around loosly in hopes that it will dry enough to be out up into walls. I fear those bales may be lost to fungus before they dry. I've never gotten straw that was this wet, usually bales we see are under 15 in moisture, usually 10-11. What do you think? Will they dry? Or should she just return them? I'm thinking she should.

Hope you had a great trip and we are looking forward to hearing all about it.

howard and katey