GSBN:Frank, John, Member list, Rules (?!?) etc.

Here's the present list of suspects on the GSBN list:

JFSTRAUB@...
wallner@...
jbarbara@...
kopp@...
rened@...
martin.oehlmann@...
habibg@...
bobregon@...
samsavage@...
lars_keller@...
Zypresse1@...
MBenn1035@...
Ecobruce@...
ketsie@...
livingstr@...
strawnet@...
stafford@...
biwb@...
billc_lists@...
duckchow@...
blackrange@...
dcat@...
Sue.Murray@...
adramon@...
roljacob@...
Pascal.THEPAUT@...
GITmichael.graf@...
dawnaz@...
absteen@...
jc10508@...
imagine@...
huffnpuff@...
derek@...
bainbrid@...
tilla@...
iae@...
rw_tom@...
klerner@...

A good bunch of quiet but very dedicated people.
Please let me know if you have updates on any of these addresses.

I just added Frank, too. And as you can see, John Straube is right at the top of the list.

Rules? Rob Tom wants RULES?!? Well, we don't have much in the way of rules... In the very beginning of GSBN several years ago, we did kind of lay out some ground rules. Unfortunately, i didn't start archiving the digests until sometime around March '97, and my brief search of the old stuff didn't turn up the basics that we had agreed on way back when.

What I remember is that each Official Straw Bale Group that became a member of GSBN (SBAT, CASBA, SBAN, etc) is allowed two representatives on this list. There were also provisions for other folks - researchers, Last Straw editors, and other loose cannons like RT - to be included. The idea was not so much to have a general discussion group (we've certainly achieved *that* goal) since there are other forums like the SB list for that, but instead to keep various groups around the world involved in building with straw in touch with each other and the latest research, techniques, codes, and other developments.

By the way, GSBN stands for Global Straw Building Network. (The "B" is not "Bale". This allows us to talk about non-bale methods also.)

Someone else here at the beginning may have a copy of those early discussions. I believe the gist of it was distilled and included in an issue of The Last Straw several years back.

Rob Tom, of course, was conscripted without his knowledge and against his will. If he ever tries to get off the list, Duckchow or I will immediately re-subscribe him using one or more of his multiple email addresses/personalities.

BC
billc@...

Green Homes For Sale/Lease:  http://SustainableSources.com/realestate/
Green Building Pro Directory:  http://SustainableSources.com/directory/