Re: GSBN:carbon sequestering

Hi folks,

I am very interested in sb and carbon sequestering. Its my understanding that
ADRA is receiving international carbon credits for the sb buildings they are
constructing in Mongolia and China.  I will give Maitland DiPinto in the MD,
ADRA office a call and see what info is available.  Others on the list may
have more direct ADRA contacts.

The State of NJ DEP has a very ambitious plan to cut green house gas
emissions 15% by 2005, 50% of that reduction from residential housing.  With
some conclusive evidence of sb as a sink my argument for sb in NJ would be
that much more convincing.

Also there are some proposed national policy initiatives on carbon reduction
credits that are directly linked to tax credits.  I believe these initiatives
are to be incorporated as part of the National Home Energy Rating system.

Looking forward to continuing this exploration.

Peace and Blessings,
Darren

-----
Darren Port, Director
New Jersey Green Homes Office

New Jersey Department of Community Affairs
Division of Housing and Community Resources
101 South Broad Street
PO Box 806
Trenton, NJ 08625-0800

Phone: 609-292-3931