Subject:      contact
Sent:        12/19/00 9:07 AM
From:   mikk@...(Mikk Suursild)
To: strawnet@...

Dear David Eisenberg,

I was looking for information about the straw bale construction and
constructors and got your e-mail address from Joyce Coppinger ReBuild
Associates and The Straw Bale Association of Nebraska.
The reason for contact is, that I would like to get more information
about your work, especially in field of straw bale and other sustainable
material use in constructions.
Currently I work quite similar organization here- in Estonia (locating
near Scandinavia). It calls Centre of Ecological Engineering Tartu
(CEET). We do work on  treatment wetland systems, organic farming
ecological building  and sustainable heating systems. My subject is
ecological building.
Our organization -CEET was established in 1992 in cooperation with
Estonian, Swiss and German partners (as non-profit). At the moment, we
do run several research and development projects together with 12
persons. We do have working contacts to State Universities in Estonia.
The centre serves also as a place for practice for students.
Recently, we have started quite intensive research and development work
in field of sustainable construction material use. The testing during the
last 3 years show good results: we do use local clay, wood ships,
cat-tail, reed biomass ect. The very good results has showed up e.g clay
plaster mix with cat-tail seed fiber.
Currently, we started straw-bale research project in co-operation with
Agricultural University. This cheap resource is well accessible in
Estonia and we hope to work out good housing concept during the next 3
years period. This is actually  point where I would be very thankful if
you are willing to share some experiences or study results. We are open
for any kind of information or experiences exchange from our side
We look forward to get reply from you.

With regards,
Mikk Suursild

Centre for Ecological Engineering Tartu (CEET)
J.V.Jannseni 4
51005 Tartu, ESTONIA
Ph: +372 7 422051
Fax: +372 7 422746
mikk@...

David Eisenberg - Director
P.O. Box 27513 - Tucson, Arizona 85726-7513 USA
(520) 624-6628, (520) 798-3701 Fax
strawnet@...(direct personal e-mail)
david@...
www.dcat.net

The future is not out there in front of us,
but inside us.  -               Joanna Macy