GSBN:Spain?

Here is a message we received that GSBN may be able to help with - or
perhaps Timothy Cullen should become a GSBN member if there isn't anyone
in Spain active yet.  Can some of the European members of GSBN contact
him and get him in the loop over there?
Thanks.

David Eisenberg

>From: "Timothy J. Cullen" timothyc@...
>To: info@...
>Subject: info
>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:20:51 +0100
>
>Greetings,
>
>Thank you for your fine site.
>
>I am a strawbale enthusiast who hopes to secure EU and other
>governmental funding to undertake strawbale housing construction
>workshop and pilot project in Spain, my country of residence. I have
>begun doing a significant amount of research, own The Straw Bale
>House book, am acquainted with Steve Kemball & Carol Escott (I used
>to live in Bisbee) and Karl Larson of Silver City, NV, but welcome
>all information and suggestions on how best to present the proposal
>and organize workshops. I expect to have the cooperation of a
>nationally known and respected architect here in Spain and hope to
>convince the municipal and regional authorities of the value of the
>project.
>
>Do you know of anyone in Spain who has done strawbale building? I
>have been unable to find much info on the web and have concluded
>that the method is for all practical purposes unknown here. This is
>an absurd situation, given the Spanish climate and traditional style
>of building, but...
>
>Thank you for your attention.
>
>Sincerely,
>Timothy J. Cullen
>Avenida Manuel Siurot, 3, 4-6-4
>41013 Sevilla
>Spain
>34 954 620 620

David Eisenberg
Director
P.O. Box 27513
Tucson, Arizona 85726-7513 USA
(520) 624-6628
(520) 798-3701 Fax
David@...
strawnet@...(direct personal e-mail)
www.dcat.net

The future is not out there in front of us, but inside us. - Joanna Macy