Digest for 9/22/01

-> SBRegistry stats so far
     by billc_lists@...

Date: 22 Sep 2001 14:22:04 -0500
From: billc_lists@...
Subject: SBRegistry stats so far

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the Straw Bale Registry's
progress over the month since we launched.

So far,  54 structures have been listed, from the following countries:

Country	Number of structures

Australia	3
Canada	6
England	1
Ireland	1
United States	43

Within the US, the distribution is:

State	Number of structures

Arkansas 	         1
Arizona 	         6
California 	         7
Idaho 	         1
Maryland 	         2
North Carolina 	         1
New Hampshire 	         1
New Mexico 	         5
Pennsylvania 	         3
Texas 	         10
Washington 	         3
Wisconsin 	         1

(Certain Canadians may notice that their entire COUNTRY doesn't even
have as many listed as several of our states.)

Now, I know that there are far more SBs out there than that...  in
the Austin TX area alone there are at least 60.  I'll make sure that
we get those, but we need EVERYONE'S assistance to make sure that as
many as possible straw bale structures are listed.

Those of you whose local SB groups have a newsletter, please include
an announcement.  Feel free to contact me if you need any background
info on the project.

If you know of any SB structures - completed or not - that are not
listed, please make the owners aware of the Registry, and ask them to
list.  Sooner is better!

The SB Registry can be found at http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com
or http://www.strawhomes.com/registry/
- --