re: GSBN:SBRegistry stats so far

Dear Bill,

We are packing to leave for the US for the BWB training. I intend to 'put France on your map' when we come back, and I'll get the word out during our next national gathering.

Ciao,
Andre

> ** Original Subject: GSBN:SBRegistry stats so far
> ** Original Sender: billc_lists@...
> ** Original Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 21:08:35 +0200

> ** Original Message follows...

> Hi Folks,
>
> Just wanted to give everyone an update on the Straw Bale Registry's
> progress over the month since we launched.
>
> So far,  54 structures have been listed, from the following countries:
>
> Country	Number of structures
>
> Australia	3
> Canada	6
> England	1
> Ireland	1
> United States	43
>

> Within the US, the distribution is:
>
> State	Number of structures
>
> Arkansas 	         1
> Arizona 	         6
> California 	         7
> Idaho 	         1
> Maryland 	         2
> North Carolina 	         1
> New Hampshire 	         1
> New Mexico 	         5
> Pennsylvania 	         3
> Texas 	         10
> Washington 	         3
> Wisconsin 	         1
>
> (Certain Canadians may notice that their entire COUNTRY doesn't even
> have as many listed as several of our states.)
>
> Now, I know that there are far more SBs out there than that...  in
> the Austin TX area alone there are at least 60.  I'll make sure that
> we get those, but we need EVERYONE'S assistance to make sure that as
> many as possible straw bale structures are listed.
>
> Those of you whose local SB groups have a newsletter, please include
> an announcement.  Feel free to contact me if you need any background
> info on the project.
>
> If you know of any SB structures - completed or not - that are not
> listed, please make the owners aware of the Registry, and ask them to
> list.  Sooner is better!
>
> The SB Registry can be found at http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com
> or http://www.strawhomes.com/registry/
> --
> Bill Christensen
> billc@...
>
> Green Homes For Sale/Lease:  http://SustainableSources.com/realestate/
> Green Building Pro Directory:  http://directory.sustainablesources.com/
> Sustainable Bldg Calendar:  http://SustainableSources.com/calendar/
> Sustainable Bldg Bookstore: http://SustainableSources.com/bookstore
>
> ----
> For instructions on joining, leaving, or otherwise using the GSBN list, send email to GSBN@...HELP in the SUBJECT line.

La Maison en Paille
Information Center on ECO-LOGIC Habitat

Andre & Coralie de Bouter
Le Trezidoux
16290 Champmillon
Charente, France
Tel. (0)5 45 66 27 68

la-maison-en-paille.com@...
www.la-maison-en-paille.com

We are currently building our Straw Bale house/'hotel' to receive people for guided tours, Straw Bale workshops, as well as other workshops.
We also work on a (copyright free) CDrom on Natural Construction.