Re: GSBN:Lime and Cement Plaster

Kelly,
        If I'm not mistaken type N masonry is close to 50% portland 50% lime.

I have  used 3 parts lime, 1 part portland.  No problem.  Lime is worse for
some people to handle than others.  It only dries my skin out.  I've seen
people who blister badly by having it on their skin.   That issue of TLS that
Bill Steen put together last year was very informative.   The problem with
adding the cement is that you loose the advantage of easy repairs which pure
lime plaster gives you.  So you have a soft plaster (which tend to need
repairs eventually) which is hard to repair.  Breathablility is where we
could really use some facts...though they may be too hard to
understand........

Cheers
Frank