-> GSBN: Lime & Cement Plaster
     by Derek Roff derek@...

Date: 10 Dec 2001 16:54:36 -0600
From: Derek Roff derek@...
Subject: GSBN: Lime & Cement Plaster

I checked my copy of John's report, and here are a few numbers:

1:3 portland cement to sand - 39 metric perms (0.68 US perms)
1:1:6  portland cement to lime to sand - 295 metric perms (5.13 US
perms)

These figures show that the addition of lime to a portland cement
stucco mix dramatically increases the moisture
permeance/permeability.  I believe that the 1:1:6 mixture was the one
Kelly proposed.

Derek Roff

- --On Saturday, December 8, 2001 12:21 PM -0500 Rob Tom
rw_tom@... wrote:

> While we're on the subject of plasters, perhaps some of you might
> be interested in the little-publicised, unpublished test report
> (don't ask me why, cuz man, I don't know) on the subject of :
>
>   "Moisture Properties of Plaster and Stucco for Strawbale
> Buildings"
>
> which GSBN listmember WatJohn (aka Dr. John Straube, aka the
> Truth-seeking Listowell Missile, aka Spice Flake, (who would never
> toot his own horn, I don't think he even owns a horn )) wrote for
> CMHC a couple of years ago.

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, Ortega Hall Rm 129, University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131  505/277-7368 fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek@...