-> Still convincing my plaster sub-contractor...
     by Kelly Lerner klerner@...

Date: 2 Jan 2002 20:22:30 -0600
From: Kelly Lerner klerner@...
Subject: Still convincing my plaster sub-contractor...

>Hi Harry and all,

A happy new year to you all!

I'm still working away at earth (interior) and lime/cement (exterior)
plasters on that house in Capitola, CA. The plaster sub-contractor used a
1:1:6 (cement:lime:sand) mixture on the scratch coat. It set up slow (as
expected) and got A LOT of check cracking (unexpected). Because of the
check cracking, the sub-contractor is hesitant to use the 1:1:6 mix on the
brown coat (which is also the final coat - no color coat). I'm suggesting
doing one whole wall in the mix to test it out, but he'd like some
technical guidelines from someone official (manufacturer, lime association,
etc).

I'm in touch with Chemstar (lime manufacturer) and the Lime Association,
but I also wanted to check with you all on any "official" guidelines that
you might have. Thanks as always,

Kelly

Kelly Lerner
One World Design, Design and Consulting

[...]