GSBN:Ferrous Sulfate and cement/lime plasters

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
Hi all,
Have any of you had any strange results using ferrous sulfate on
cement/lime plasters (l cement: 1 lime: 6 sand)?

The house in Capitola is plastered (1:1:6) and stained with ferrous
sulfate, but it isn't turning the typical orange/brown - just staying
blue/green. We applied a test patch on the scratch coat and it turned
orange in one day. Now with the same mix on the brown coat it isn't
turning.  hmmmm.... Any suggestions? Anyone know where I can
purchase ferrous nitrate in northern CA?

Thanks,

Kelly

Kelly Lerner
One World Design, Design and Consulting