-> Ferrous Sulfate and cement/lime plasters
     by Kelly Lerner klerner@...

Date: 23 Jan 2002 15:02:33 -0600
From: Kelly Lerner klerner@...
Subject: Ferrous Sulfate and cement/lime plasters

Hi all,
Have any of you had any strange results using ferrous sulfate on
cement/lime plasters (l cement: 1 lime: 6 sand)?

The house in Capitola is plastered (1:1:6) and stained with ferrous
sulfate, but it isn't turning the typical orange/brown - just staying
blue/green. We applied a test patch on the scratch coat and it turned
orange in one day. Now with the same mix on the brown coat it isn't
turning.  hmmmm.... Any suggestions? Anyone know where I can purchase
ferrous nitrate in northern CA?

Thanks,

Kelly

Kelly Lerner
One World Design, Design and Consulting
925 Avis Drive
El Cerrito, California, 94530, USA
klerner@...   <http://www.one-world-design.com>
510-525-8582 phone, 510-528-8763 fax

There may be important message content

- --=====================_11862500==_.ALT

<<<<<< See above "Message Body" >>>>>>

- --=====================_11862500==_.ALT

Hi all,
Have any of you had any strange results using ferrous sulfate on
cement/lime plasters (l cement: 1 lime: 6 sand)?

The house in Capitola is plastered (1:1:6) and stained with ferrous
sulfate, but it isn't turning the typical orange/brown - just staying
blue/green. We applied a test patch on the scratch coat and it turned
orange in one day. Now with the same mix on the brown coat it isn't
turning.  hmmmm.... Any suggestions? Anyone know where I can
purchase ferrous nitrate in northern CA?

Thanks,

Kelly

Kelly Lerner
One World Design, Design and Consulting