Re: GSBN:copyright

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
publisher,.... if only I had one ;-)
If any of you have an example, it would be
appreciated.</font></blockquote>

I posed your questions to my editor at Gibbs Smith publisher, and this
was her reply:

because I took it? Do I HAVE to mention the owner,
architect and builder? I don't mind giving credit where credit is due,
and I want to respect the owners feelings, but I want to know what I HAVE
to do, and what not, so I won't get into trouble later on.

GSP:  YOU AREN'T OBLIGED TO CREDIT THE BUILDER OR ARCHITECT OR
OWNER, BUT FOR OUR BOOKS IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO GIVE CREDIT. YOU'LL NEED
TO BUILD A RESOURCE SECTION ANYWAY, SO IF YOU CAN GET THE BUILDER'S NAME
IN THERE, IT'S A NICE PLUG FOR THE BUILDER. BUT LEGALLY, NO, YOU DON'T
HAVE TO IF YOU TOOK THE PHOTO FROM PUBLIC PROPERTY SUCH AS A SIDEWALK IN
FRONT OF THE HOUSE.

</i>Catherine:  This doesn't answer the question about "verbal
permission," but she stressed always getting permission when
possible, to prevent any problems later.   I guess that means
creating your own personal friendly release form, and remembering to use
it.

ciao,
Catherine

</x-html>