-> GSBN, Home Power, and more
     by Chris Magwood cmagwood@...

Date: 20 Feb 2002 10:46:58 -0600
From: Chris Magwood cmagwood@...
Subject: GSBN, Home Power, and more

Hello Joyce,

You've hopefully seen my call for submissions on the GSBN list by now. To
date it's netted exactly zero response! I don't think there's any way to do
this job but to approach people individually, with an assignment already in
mind. Otherwise, I don't think anybody has the time to focus on TLS,
despite such general reminders. Luckily, non-GSBN interest and offers are
starting to roll in. I'll put my mind to thinking of some specific requests
from GSBN members today. Perhaps you could do the same and let me know what
you think?

I've been thinking a lot about the TLS move toward advertising. Have you
seen Home Power Magazine? I've been a regular subscriber for a long time,
and they've managed to move into being quite a sizable and successful mag,
but have done so on the strength of reader-written articles as the main
content, supplemented by regular features by "experts". I think it's a
pretty good model of how to stay relevant and be a commercial project at
the same time. I'm guessing that there are a lot of companies that would be
interested in TLS advertising, and to be honest, the ads in Home Power are
as important to me as a reader as the copy! This usually isn't the case,
but in Home Power, the ads are a vital source of information in a field
that's narrow and difficult to research. Hopefully TLS's ads can be the
same.

Just a couple thoughts...

Cheers,

Chris