Re: GSBN:GSBN, Home Power, and more

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
the progress of the Straw Bale Building Registry, and would be happy to
continue seeing it mentioned in TLS so it will continue to grow.
I'm disappointed that most of the commercial places listed in the last
issue *aren't* in the Registry yet, for instance - here's a collection of
buildings that we all know about, and I have to guess that nobody thought
to mention the Registry project to any of them in the course of doing the
article. Perhaps we could ask for some volunteers willing to go through
past issues and contact the various owners to ask them to list.  As
I've said before, I can't promote this thing all by myself, but it'll
work if everyone spreads the word.</blockquote>
Hi Bill,

If you have a standard letter describing the SB Registry, we'll be happy
to include it when we send complementary copies of TLS #37 to the places
mentioned in the Open to the Public article.

BTW, most of the research for the OTP article was done last spring, for
fall publication, but we couldn't fit the  article in the Sept
issue, so it waited for this spring issue.   We do want to
promote the Registry, and will continue to remind readers in the pages of
TLS.   Someday I will make a point to register our own SB
projects....:)

Any chance you could email me the text of the Leonard Jones article you
mention here?
outline of the process of building any home on 1/4/02 to the Crest
strawbale list. It could easily be tweaked for print, and I think it
would be an extremely valuable. It's almost all good, solid, voice of
experience advice.
I confess I'm a luddite when it comes to archival research....

Best regards,
Catherine Wanek, Publisher

<i>The Last Straw Journal
</i>The International Journal of Straw Bale &amp; Natural Building
HC66, Box 119
Hillsboro, NM 88042
(505) 895-5400 /fax (505) 895-3326
thelaststraw@...