-> Re: GSBN:GSBN, Home Power, and more
     by billc_lists@...

Date: 23 Feb 2002 17:26:47 -0600
From: billc_lists@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:GSBN, Home Power, and more

>Oops... sorry about that! I didn't mean to post my letter to Joyce to the
>list (obviously), but at least now you all have some insight into the
>exciting kind of correspondence that goes on behind-the-scenes at TLS!

Actually, that was probably a good one to let slip to the list.
We're all friends and co-conspiritors here, so I think we can all be
honest with each other.   If TLS can't get articles, that concerns me
too, and should probably concern most of us on this list.

I do agree that it'll generally work best to approach someone
directly and *ask* them to cover a specific topic.  Everyone's busy,
but if asked I think most would step up to the plate if they're able.

Personally, I don't know what in the SB world I'd write about that
someone else couldn't cover better - unless y'all want to hear about
the exciting world of hosting various straw related websites.  I'll
continue to give reports on the progress of the Straw Bale Building
Registry, and would be happy to continue seeing it mentioned in TLS
so it will continue to grow.  I'm disappointed that most of the
commercial places listed in the last issue *aren't* in the Registry
yet, for instance - here's a collection of buildings that we all know
about, and I have to guess that nobody thought to mention the
Registry project to any of them in the course of doing the article.
Perhaps we could ask for some volunteers willing to go through past
issues and contact the various owners to ask them to list.  As I've
said before, I can't promote this thing all by myself, but it'll work
if everyone spreads the word.

Sorry for going off on the tangent there, but I feel that it's an
underutilized resource that could become an excellent tool for the SB
movement if we're able to collect enough data.

As for articles, Leonard Jones wrote an excellent outline of the
process of building any home on 1/4/02 to the Crest strawbale list.
It could easily be tweaked for print, and I think it would be an
extremely valuable.  It's almost all good, solid, voice of experience
advice.

BC
- --
Bill Christensen