GSBN:Re:DE's:Long silence, but not for lack of interest

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
Thanks to everyone on this list for their support of Chris Magwood and
Joyce Coppinger -- I know they are going to bring a lot of good ideas and
energy to TLS.   And I am more appreciative than anyone that
they are willing to pick up the TLS torch and carry it proudly.

create a little TLS file, wherein I
will start ..........articles on the following topics:

1. Developing a Straw Bale Subcontractor License Category with State

Registrars of Contractors. (I know that this may be mostly relevant to

the US audience and that I should have written this piece for the going

mainstream issue). ...... this IS the way the construction system in the
US
works and if we had straw bale subcontractors, general contractors would

be able and willing to take on sb projects within the legal and
contractual system in which probably 90% of residential construction

takes place. .......... This is something that needs some real
leadership, that .....maybe someone or some group of
people are out there waiting for the opportunity to step forward and such

an article might at least create a wider discussion about this
idea.

2. Alternative Building and the Codes - Where We Are and Where We're

Going.  I think its probably time to revisit this topic, both for sb

codes and for the larger work that we are doing and some of the emerging

possibilities for change.......</font></blockquote>
Hi David--
Thanks for replying to the list -- we all appreciate the work you do and
the levels you work on....

And, these articles you propose sound very appropriate to the TLS winter
2002 issue, which Chris and Joyce are planning to focus on
"Red Tape"  -- the deadline for articles is Oct
1st.   Not to give you a deadline, but a suggested
target.........:)

blessings,
Catherine

</x-html>