-> Re:DE's:Long silence, but not for lack of interest
     by Catherine Wanek blackrange@...
-> Re:  GSBN:Re:DE's:Long silence, but not for lack of interest
     by Strawnet@...

Date: 26 Feb 2002 00:43:07 -0600
From: Catherine Wanek blackrange@...
Subject: Re:DE's:Long silence, but not for lack of interest

Thanks to everyone on this list for their support of Chris Magwood and
Joyce Coppinger -- I know they are going to bring a lot of good ideas and
energy to TLS.   And I am more appreciative than anyone that they are
willing to pick up the TLS torch and carry it proudly.

At 01:58 PM 2/24/02 -0500, David E wrote:
>I'm working on at the moment, and create a little TLS file, wherein I
>will start ..........articles on the following topics:
>
>1. Developing a Straw Bale Subcontractor License Category with State
>Registrars of Contractors. (I know that this may be mostly relevant to
>the US audience and that I should have written this piece for the going
>mainstream issue). ...... this IS the way the construction system in the US
>works and if we had straw bale subcontractors, general contractors would
>be able and willing to take on sb projects within the legal and
>contractual system in which probably 90% of residential construction
>takes place. .......... This is something that needs some real leadership,
>that .....maybe someone or some group of
>people are out there waiting for the opportunity to step forward and such
>an article might at least create a wider discussion about this idea.
>
>2. Alternative Building and the Codes - Where We Are and Where We're
>Going.  I think its probably time to revisit this topic, both for sb
>codes and for the larger work that we are doing and some of the emerging
>possibilities for change.......

Hi David--
Thanks for replying to the list -- we all appreciate the work you do and
the levels you work on....

And, these articles you propose sound very appropriate to the TLS winter
2002 issue, which Chris and Joyce are planning to focus on  "Red Tape"  --
the deadline for articles is Oct 1st.   Not to give you a deadline, but a
suggested target.........:)

blessings,
Catherine

There may be important message content

- --=====================_46901575==_.ALT

<<<<<< See above "Message Body" >>>>>>

- --=====================_46901575==_.ALT

[...]

possibilities for change.......</font></blockquote>

- --=====================_46901575==_.ALT--

>Thanks for replying to the list -- we all appreciate the work you do and
>the levels you work on....
>
>And, these articles you propose sound very appropriate to the TLS winter
>2002 issue, which Chris and Joyce are planning to focus on  "Red Tape"  --
>the deadline for articles is Oct 1st.   Not to give you a deadline, but a
>suggested target.........:)

Hi Catherine

Thanks for the note and I've noted the non-deadline... October is
reasonably far in the future that I can imagine finding enough of those
spare moments on planes or in meetings that have bored me to more
productive distraction...

David

David Eisenberg
Director
P.O. Box 27513
Tucson, Arizona 85726-7513 USA
(520) 624-6628
(520) 798-3701 Fax
David@...
strawnet@...(direct personal e-mail)
www.dcat.net

The future is not out there in front of us, but inside us. - Joanna Macy