RE: GSBN:Compact/Inexpensive Temperature & Relative Humidity Sensor

<x-charset iso-8859-1>THe IRC is merely reporting on RH/T sensors we have built here at UW since
1994 or 1995.  I have used about 200 of these in the last 2 years alone.
Instead of the RTD, we using a Fenwall or YSI precision themistor, which
costs less than $10 to make a small $50 accurate RH/T sensor.  They require
a precise 5V power supply (e.g. you must know the voltage within 0.1 V
accuracy) for at least 5 minutes before you read them, a good mulitmeter to
read the results, and then a simple calculaitons.  We do this all with a
$2-5000 data logging system. To build them requires a bit of finesse and
experience with electronics.

Dr John Straube
165 Albert St., Waterloo, ON, Canada
phone 519 741 7920
fax 519 888 6197
jfstraube@...
www.buildingsolutions.ca

Anyone interested in details can email me directly and I will send you the
data sheet in pdf and a photo and installation guide.
We have recently installed 70 of these in a large SB building and have just
started monitoring.  Results may be availbale in 6 months.

Cheers