GSBN:Re: Technical issues in China

Hi Bruce and all,

I wonder what fly ash actually does in concrete, and how similar its reaction with lime is to its reaction with cement. Any ideas? My experience was that the reaction between the lime and the fly ash was in no way a weakly pozzolanic one- the inch thick samples from last summer were very hard and strong, and well set all through. They seemed in every way comparable to similar samples made with crushed brick. But then, I won't pretend to know anything about the chemistry. Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Lacinski