-> Re: Technical issues in China
     by Paul Lacinski paul@...

Date: 19 Jun 2002 22:33:51 -0500
From: Paul Lacinski paul@...
Subject: Re: Technical issues in China

Hi Bruce and all,

I wonder what fly ash actually does in concrete, and how similar its
reaction with lime is to its reaction with cement.  Any ideas?  My
experience was that the reaction between the lime and the fly ash was
in no way a weakly pozzolanic one- the inch thick samples from last
summer were very hard and strong, and well set all through.  They
seemed in every way comparable to similar samples made with crushed
brick.  But then, I won't pretend to know anything about the
chemistry.  Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Paul

- --