GSBN:Fwd: Earthships and pollution

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
blackrange@...
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:20:47 -0400
From: Carol Venolia CVenolia@...
Subject: Earthships and pollution
Sender: Carol Venolia CVenolia@...
To: John Bower healthy@...
Cc: Dave Deppen dave@...,
DDarrelD@...,  David Eisenberg david@...,
        Catherine Wanek
blackrange@...,
        Carol Venolia
cvenolia@...,
        Belle Starr
belle@...,  AnnieBBond AnnieBBond@...

Dear compadres,

I've been asked to respond to a question by a Natural Home reader
about
whether the tires in Earthships cause problems to the indoor air or
the
surroundings. I have my gut feelings about this (don't want to take
the
chance), but have any of you heard of either meaningful anecdotal
evidence
or studies on this subject? Do you know anything about the composition
or
chemical stability of tires in general?

Thank you for any leads!
Carol Venolia
CVenolia@...

P.S. Putting together the recipient list for this e-mail, I thought,
"Damn,
what a fine bunch of folks!" I'm delighted to have followed a life
path
that leads me to know you all. Keep up the great

</x-html>