Re: GSBN:(OT)David vs Goliath: CertainTeed trademark?

Bill and Jeanine,

I filled out the survey on the greenbuilder site and added the comment
that aside from the patently (pun intended) ridiculous position taken by
CertainTeed, this is not a product for sale, but a title of a section of
a website. And of course it is just common english usage in that regard
as well. They have no right to keep you from writing ordinary english
descriptions of categories of information on your website - not even
saying "building solutions" by itself as a page heading or section title
of your website.

David

David Eisenberg, Director
P.O. Box 27513, Tucson, AZ  85713
(520) 624-6628 voice / (520) 798-3701 fax
strawnet@...
http://www.dcat.net

The Development Center for Appropriate Technology is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization. Our primary support comes from foundation grants
and charitable contributions from individuals and businesses, and from
our educational and training programs and consulting services. Our
mission is to enhance the health of the planet and our communities by
promoting a shift to sustainable construction and development practices
through leadership, strategic relationships, and education. To learn
about DCAT's work and how you can support it, please visit our website at
www.dcat.net