RE: GSBN:(OT)David vs Goliath: CertainTeed trademark?

Hi Bill
I just today received an agreement to transfer my web name to them for a small
sum of money to cover costs.  I have done this to be a nice guy and avoid any
problems.  I am a Canadian that crosses the border to the US alot (say 25
times this year so far)and cant afford any blackmarks.

In your shoes I would not sign an agreement like they suggest because it
admits that Green Building Solutions infringes on Building Solutions, which,
as far as I can tell, it does not.  Any agreement should say exactly that,
which would seem to obviate the need for an agreemnent (excpet it makes
CertianTeed look good in court against others, which may or may not be a bad
thing).  Also, their agreement may expire overtime, may be used to limit other
people from using Green Building Solutions etc  Sooo, I would sign an
agreement but be careful that it gives nothing away and does not harm others
out there.

John