Re: GSBN:His Majesty's Lime Tests

as they say, something seems awfully out of wack. if you told me that the earth plaster out-performed by just a little bit and that the results were somewhat close, you might have gotten me to think about it and scratch my head. but that much difference I have trouble swallowing. after looking at the results, I realized that I just happened to have two plaster samples on hand, one that duplicated the 1 1 6 lime, cement, sand mix and the other a clay plaster with lots of straw that approximates the mix used in the tests. so as to avoid the next question, the lime in the sample was Chemstar. not having any sophisticated, nor unsophisticated lever arms hanging around the yard to exert pressure on the samples, I was forced to devise my own methadology. in that I had ruled out any possibility of an exact measurement, I grabbed my trusty hammer sized sledge and went to work. I'll give you three guesses as to what happened. didn't take me long to pulverize the clay sample, and as for the cement lime piece, it cracked into pieces, but it didn't do anything resembling what one might describe as being crushed.

I believe that clay plasters can give decent results, possibly better than might be expected, but if you try to tell me that they surpassed cement lime when it comes to compression, I would have to say that somebody ought to repeat them. in fact, since I still have a few duplicate samples lying around, I think I'll have another go at it tomorrow.

so what happened in the tests? your guess is as good as mine. I think John Glassford and Bob Bolles paid off Tim Kennedy, who is running the tests for Bruce, to do a little sabotage. I don't have any hard evidence, but with a little investigative work I would suspect we could dig up a little.

B...