-> Re: [SBAT-1] STC of Straw bales
     by billc_lists@...

Date: 10 Oct 2002 22:53:24 -0500
From: billc_lists@...
Subject: Re: [SBAT-1] STC of Straw bales

>I'm trying to find the sound transmission class (STC) of a (typical?) straw
>bale wall.  Do you know or have any good ideas where I might begin my
>search?
>
>Thanks!
>Katie
>
>Katie Jensen
>Austin Energy Green Building Program
>p. 512.505-3707
>f. 512.505-3711
>katie.jensen@...

One of the best sources I know at present on strawbale testing is
Bruce King's site, http://www.ecobuildnetwork.org/ .  Click on the
Strawbale Testing & Research link in the upper right corner.

I don't see any info on the site about sound transmission, so I'm
CCing this post to the Global Straw Building Network list (GSBN --
Bruce is a member), which includes many knowledgeable SB luminaries,
and part of whose purpose is to mull over and disseminate research
results.

I recall there was some discussion of SB sound transmission on the
list some time ago, including anecdotal evidence provided by the
Straw Wolf's rock band or some such.  Anyone have any solid numbers
for Katie?  Failing that, anyone have any good stories to tell? ;-)

BC
- --
Bill Christensen
billc@...