Re: GSBN:Re: STC of Straw bales

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
in Australia, too, a few years back.  John Glassford would know the
parties/testing involved.....  John?

Also, for what it's worth, there's a big tarped (unplastered) straw or
hay-bale sound wall built at the Albany, NY airport, which we ran a blurb
about in TLS # 34, pg 27.  We were sent a tiny article about it,
from "The Flyer," Vol. 2, #2.  The article is quoted as
saying "The U-shaped roof-less structure is used to absorb and
divert noise during testing and maintenance of aircraft engines.  It
has reduced aircraft noise by 20 deciBels, as measured in adjacent
residential areas.  The pen is based on similar facilities in Fresno
&amp; San Luis Obispo."

Maybe there's information from these closer-to-home CA facilities, that
Bruce "fly me" King could check into.....?

Catherine