Re: GSBN:emails and websites

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><html>
--  I think it's best that you continue to be the link, however,
since you are up to speed with the network.

You are also welcome to share test info published in TLS --  we
could put a package of relevant issues together to send to the
appropriate agency.  (Would be great to be reimbursed, if there is
any kind of budget....)

regards, Catherine

At 11:05 AM 10/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
(Coralie &amp; Andre de Bouter)
>Dear GSBN members,
>
>Samuel Courgey, a French SB builder, visited us the other day and had
some
>great news. Samuel has started on the long road to get SB 'approved'.
Fire
>testing has been done recently, and interesting data (on SB in roof
fire
>test) should be available in a few months.
>
>It looks like I will be helping Samuel Courgey to make a report,
presenting
>the international SB data and sources available, for one of those
big
>bureau's that 'make' the french voluntary (but without them no
insurence)
>'Building Codes' (DTU's). The report should be finished before the
end of
>the year.
>
>Is it OK if I give them a copy of the GSBN emails and websites, or is
that
>'not done'? I ask this, because you all would be good contacts to
sent them
>to, and it would give you the chance to brush up your french before
bringing
>us a visit one day.
>
>Let me know what you think.
>
>Greetings,
>Andre

Andre
I don't know about the brushing up on my French part, but I'm fine with

giving these officials the DCAT info. Hopefully, everyone else will be

open to that as well.

Best,
David

David Eisenberg, Director
P.O. Box 27513, Tucson, AZ  85713
(520) 624-6628 voice / (520) 798-3701 fax
strawnet@...

The Development Center for Appropriate Technology is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization. Our primary support comes from foundation grants

and charitable contributions from individuals and businesses, and from

our educational and training programs and consulting services. Our
mission is to enhance the health of the planet and our communities by

promoting a shift to sustainable construction and development practices

through leadership, strategic relationships, and education. To learn

about DCAT's work and how you can support it, please visit our website at

Best Regards,
Catherine

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When
we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it
with love and respect. -- Aldo Leopold

</x-html>