Date: 3 Nov 2002 09:07:17 -0600
From: Evgeny Shirokov iae@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Re: Fire Problems! House Burnt Down!

 Hello to everybody from Evgeny Shirokov, Belarus

 1 November 2001, in Minsk 4(!) stories post&beam SB house was burned
 down, just before stucco will be put on the wall. It was on
 Halloween, and local TV show it 3(!) times (3-5 fire happens everyday
 in Minsk, but it's never show it on TV). Our case is criminal, man,
 who put fire on SB house, was paid by big construction company in
 Minsk (they are not happy - SB technology became popular in Belarus,
 and radically reduce price of individual house and market prize of
 housing). Now house is rebuild, and we put more attention on security on
 site - criminal and fire. But scandal is a best reclame, if you
 overcame difficulties. This year we build 4 SB houses in Minsk, incl.
 2-stories sauna with swimming pool, next year we will construct 3 0-energy SB
 houses 300 sq. m each and a lot of ordinary SB houses.

 God bless all of us.

HnPC> G ' day

HnPC> I copy you here an email that is self explanatory!

HnPC> Those of you who have had this problem please advise us how
HnPC> to proceed?  Also if any of you want to send your good
HnPC> wishes to Chris and Iris and any advice please do so.  They
HnPC> could do with some cheering up and encouragement to rebuild
HnPC> in straw bales.

HnPC> Warmest regards The Straw Wolf slightly singed!

HnPC> Subject:
HnPC>          House burned down!
HnPC>    Date:
HnPC>          Sat, 2 Nov 2002 08:54:48 +1100
HnPC>    From:
HnPC>          "ichris" ichris@...
HnPC>      To:
HnPC>          huffnpuff@...

HnPC> John and Sue,

HnPC> I thought you may be interested to know that the night
HnPC> before last our buildings were all burnt down.

HnPC> We had two straw-bale buildings and a garage and were in the
HnPC> process of preparing for earth/lime rendering (Peter
HnPC> Robinson was booked to do this straight after the straw-bale
HnPC> conference).  All were completely destroyed.

HnPC> The fire started at about 10.45 at night - that's when the
HnPC> neighbours called the fire brigade and us.  I arrived at 11
HnPC> or so, and all buildings were completely alight.  We had a
HnPC> lot of straw stored in the garage - had some one lined up to
HnPC> buy it the following evening - John from Tilba Tilba (he may
HnPC> have done a course with you).

HnPC> Thanks for your advice to have the buildings insured (we
HnPC> did)!

HnPC> I think the fire must have been deliberately lit, but I
HnPC> would be surprised if I ever find out who by.  I guess we
HnPC> will see what the police and insurance people turn up.

HnPC> Not sure what we will do now...

HnPC> Chris Lowe.

HnPC> ----
HnPC> For instructions on joining, leaving, or otherwise using the GSBN list,
HnPC> ----