-> Re: GSBN:Mongolia energy researcher- job posting
     by stafford@...

Date: 7 Nov 2002 12:28:49 -0600
From: stafford@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Mongolia energy researcher- job posting

Hello Paul,
Good to hear from Mongolia. You may have been the #1 person that beat my
#2 position in applying for UNDP International Advisor. Unfortunately my
expertise does not include energy research. I will look forward a future
time when you talk about your Mongolian experience.

Give my regards to Gordon Johnson. I believe I got a telephone message
from him about this request before I headed to the East Coast last
month. He only gave his name, not connecting himself with Mongolia and I
didn't have the time to figure out who he was and what it was all about.

Best wishes,

Chris

Paul Lacinski wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some of you know that I am currently working as an advisor to a UNDP
> energy-efficient housing project in Mongolia.  A large percentage of
> the project's energy is going into straw bale construction, as bales
> are one of the only insulation materials that people in Mongolia can
> actually afford.  The project is currently seeking a person to lead
> the design and implementation of a study of energy efficient building
> methods in Mongolia.  The idea is to generate hard data about how much
> energy can be saved, in order to help convince Mongolians to invest
> their very limited funds in energy efficient houses, and to help
> convince international agencies to fund the development of the energy
> efficiency sector in Mongolia.
> I've included the job posting, below.  Please feel free to pass it
> along to anyone with a background in energy research.  This is a more
> important criteria than familiarity with straw bale construction.  You
> can contact me with questions, or send a CV directly to the project
> office at strawhouse@...
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

There may be important message content

- --------------060600040104010409020600

<<<<<< See above "Message Body" >>>>>>

- --------------060600040104010409020600

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
#2 position in applying for UNDP International Advisor. Unfortunately my
expertise does not include energy research. I will look forward a future
time when you talk about your Mongolian experience.

Give my regards to Gordon Johnson. I believe I got a telephone message from
him about this request before I headed to the East Coast last month. He only
gave his name, not connecting himself with Mongolia and I didn't have the
time to figure out who he was and what it was all about.

Best wishes,

Chris

Paul Lacinski wrote:
 cite="mida05100306b9ef6d65b659@%5B140.186.103.45%5D">
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style>
  <title>Mongolia energy researcher- job posting</title>

[...]

me with questions, or send a CV directly to the project office at <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:strawhouse@magicnet.mn";>strawhouse@...

 Thanks,

  Paul

Title:</b><x-tab>
</x-tab><x-tab>        </x-tab>Energy
Efficiency Research
Consultant (EERC)
 <b>Location:<x-tab>
</x-tab></b><x-tab>
</x-tab>Ulaanbaatar and
provinces
 <b>Duration:</b><x-tab>
</x-tab><x-tab>        </x-tab>Four (4)
work-months
between 01 December 2002 to 01 April 2004
 <b>Project:</b><x-tab> </x-tab>'Commercialization of Super-insulated
Buildings
in Mongolia' (MON/99/G35)
 <b>Supervisor:</b><x-tab>    </x-tab>National Project
[...]

 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"><b>The project is to hire
[...]
emissions.<x-tab>
  </x-tab> </b></font>

 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"><b>
 Qualifications:

 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> University degree in
relevant
field- energy management, mechanical or civil engineering, etc.
 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> Experience in cold-climate
energy research, especially in the field of energy efficient buildings.
 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> Experience with
donor-assisted
international projects, preferably in Asia and/or in transitional
economies.
 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> Experience or familiarity
with principles of the UNFCCC and the mechanisms introduced by the Kyoto
Protocol.
 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> Experience with UNDP/Global
Environment Facility (GEF) energy-efficiency and carbon emission trading
projects is preferred.

 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> Skills in making
environmental
and cost-benefit analysis and preparing high quality research reports and
making public presentations.
 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> In-depth knowledge of
straw bale building and other energy-efficient construction techniques and
principles, and international best practices.
 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> Fluency in English and
excellent writing and computer skills.
 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000"> Willingness to travel
extensively within Mongolia in cold seasons.

 <b>Scope of Work:

 </b>Under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator of
the EEH-MON/99/G35 project, the Energy Efficiency Research Consultant will
accomplish the following tasks:<u>

 </u>1) Develop the energy-efficiency research program, including
[...]
possibilities in mobilizing resources through the Clean Development Mechanism
(CDM) of the Kyoto Protocol.

 face="Times New Roman" size="-3" color="#000000">The consultant should work
closely with related projects in Mongolia, such as: the Housing Finance
Project
of the Asian Development Bank, PEESS-MON/97/301 project, the Mongolian branch
of Habitat for Humanity International, the Improved Household Stoves Project
(supported by the World Bank), the National University for Science and
Technology.

 <b>Timing and Budget:

 </b>This research will be conducted during the winters of 2002-03 and
2003-04.</font>

work to be determined upon selection of the Energy Efficiency Research
Consultant.</font>

 <x-sigsep></x-sigsep>
  <pre>--
  </pre>