-> Re: A Straw Bale Village in Southern Oregon
     by billc_lists@...

Date: 10 Nov 2002 23:05:32 -0600
From: billc_lists@...
Subject: Re: A Straw Bale Village in Southern Oregon

Hi Andrew,

I'll do better than that - I'll CC this one out to our email list for
the Global Straw Building Network, who represent most of the
organized SB groups and  includes many of the leaders in straw bale
construction around the world (including the Steens).  I'm sure
they'll be happy to hear that such a project exists.

I'm sure several of the participants in the list could provide some
answers. If you'd like, I'll be happy to forward your questions on -
the list is private, though with a project like this going you may
just get an official invitation to join.

By the way, please be sure to list the homes in our Straw Bale
Building Registry (http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com).

>Bill,
>	My company is creating a village of 15 straw bale homes in Southern
>Oregon.  The village will have multiple community spaces including a trail
>system, a natural swimming pool, orchard, community garden, children's park,
>and nature shelters along the trails.  I am trying to contact Bill Steen and
>Athena Swentzell Steen with some questions.  I do not have a direct line for
>communicating with them, but wonder if you might be able to put me us in
>touch.  Please ask them to email or call me when they can.  This is a very
>exciting project in a National Historic Landmark city that has great
>potential for straw bale exposure.  Thanks Bill.
>
>-Andrew
>
>Andrew Morrison
>Owner & General Contractor
>MEHR Construction
>"Specializing in Straw Bale Construction"
>andrew@...
>(541) 899-1818 (phone/fax)
>www.MehrConstruction.com

- --