GSBN:

who haven't read this on the listserv.........

After talking about doing a calendar this year that would help support
our work with Mexico, I can finally say that it is done and will be
arriving here shortly.  So what that means is that we can take orders
and ship as soon as they arrive - which should be any day.  From a
very subjective point of view, we would like to say that the calendars
are beautiful and can also make great Christmas presents.  We have
plenty to sell or should I say that we need to sell, so order all you
want and more.

Sorry to disappoint those like John Glassford who wanted to pose his
Australian mates in the buff or something of the sort, he will have to
do his own version later.   In contrast, this year's calendar is
entitled
Children.<bigger><bigger>

was inspired by a project this summer where we brought together a
group of kids from Obregon with others from the States and had them
build a playhouse here at our site in southeastern Arizona.  Choice of
location was determined by the overwhelming desire of the Mexican
group to escape the fierce heat of the Sonoran desert.  Let's call it
a vacation of sorts.  The materials were basically natural except for
the plastic sandbags and the majority were gathered either on site or
nearby.  All of the children who were involved have been closely tied
to us over the past 8 years and in one way or another been involved in
the ongoing work there.  Sometimes as spectators and on other
occasions they have had their hands directly involved in the mud and
straw.  This playhouse was their chance to do it largely by themselves
and hopefully carry what they have learned into the future.  Don't be
fooled because they are just kids, they flat out know how to build
better than lots of adults.  We hope you enjoy them as much as we
have.

And before I forget, if you want to check out some of our latest
projects, Athena just posted a bunch of new stuff on our web site
under current projects:  www.caneloproject.com

This 9x12 calendar contains 32 pages of color photographs taken by
Bill and Athena Steen. All proceeds and donations go to support The
Canelo Projects non-profit building projects in Mexico.

5 copies or more are $12 each.

</color>Tax deductible donations over and above the cost of the
calendar are welcome.

card are accepted through Paypal at www.paypal.com to the account
<caneloproject@...

Shipping for up to 3 copies sent by priority mail is $4.00.

For shipping costs on orders over 3 please e-mail us at

or call us at (520)455-5548

Athena & Bill Steen

The Canelo Project

HC1 Box 324