Re: GSBN:

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0" charset=""><!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
To Our Friends Down Under Over There :)

Mssr. Glassford:

How many of the aforementioned calendars might you folks be
needing, so as I can git with B&amp;A and package 'em up in David's
ballast bags for his trip down there. Let us know asap.... here and
anovelli@...

thanks,
tony

size="+1">others GSBN members who haven't read this on the
listserv.........</font></blockquote>
size="+1"> </font></blockquote>
size="+1">After talking about doing a calendar this year that would
help support our work with Mexico, I can finally say that it is done
and will be arriving here shortly.  So what that means is that we
can take orders and ship as soon as they arrive - which should be any
day.  From a very subjective point of view, we would like to say
that the calendars are beautiful and can also make great Christmas
presents.  We have plenty to sell or should I say that we need to
sell, so order all you want and more.</font></blockquote>
size="+1"> </font></blockquote>
size="+1">Sorry to disappoint those like John Glassford who wanted to
pose his Australian mates in the buff or something of the sort, he
will have to do his own version later.   In contrast, this
year's calendar is entitled </font><font face="Times New Roman"
size="+4" color="#2E8B57"><i> Building
was inspired by a project this summer where we brought together a
group of kids from Obregon with others from the States and had them
build a playhouse here at our site in southeastern Arizona.
Choice of location was determined by the overwhelming desire of the
Mexican group to escape the fierce heat of the Sonoran desert.
Let's call it a vacation of sorts.  The materials were basically
natural except for the plastic sandbags and the majority were gathered
either on site or nearby.  All of the children who were involved
have been closely tied to us over the past 8 years and in one way or
another been involved in the ongoing work there.  Sometimes as
spectators and on other occasions they have had their hands directly
involved in the mud and straw.  This playhouse was their chance
to do it largely by themselves and hopefully carry what they have
learned into the future.  Don't be fooled because they are just
kids, they flat out know how to build better than lots of adults.
We hope you enjoy them as much as we have.</font></blockquote>
size="+2"> </font></blockquote>
size="+2">And before I forget, if you want to check out some of our
latest projects, Athena just posted a bunch of new stuff on our web
site under current projects:
www.caneloproject.com</font></blockquote>
size="+2"> </font></blockquote>
size="+2">This 9x12 calendar contains 32 pages of color photographs
taken by Bill and Athena Steen. All proceeds and donations go to
support The Canelo Projects non-profit building projects in
Mexico.</font></blockquote>
color="#800080">Orders of 5 copies or more are $12
each.</font></blockquote>
size="+2">Tax deductible donations over and above the cost of the
calendar are welcome.</font></blockquote>
are accepted through Paypal at www.paypal.com to the account
caneloproject@...</font></blockquote>
up to 3 copies sent by priority mail is $4.00.</font></blockquote>
costs on orders over 3 please e-mail us at<font color="#006400"><u>
at (520)455-5548</font></blockquote>

--
************

P.O. Box 27513, Tucson, AZ  85713
(520) 624-6628 voice / (520) 798-3701 fax
http://www.dcat.net

The Development Center for Appropriate Technology is a not for
profit
organization that is supported solely by foundation grants and
charitable
contributions from corporations, small business, and individuals. Our
mission
is to enhance the health of the planet and our communities by
promoting a
shift to sustainable construction and development through
leadership,
strategic relationships, and education. To learn about how you can
support
DCAT's crucial work, visit our website at http://www.dcat.net.
</x-html>