Re: GSBN:list of the members

<x-rich>Jeff,

A few things strike me after looking at the tests.  The first is that
the ratio of fines/aggregate to clay is really, really, really high.
Unless the fines have a lot more clay than anyone suspects.  I think
this is significant in that when making a comparison to what we use.
If there are no fibers added, I would say that a ratio of 1 clay to 3
sand for a thickness of 1/4 inch would be the most I would ever
consider.  If that thickness is reduced to 1/8 inch, we rarely go more
than 1 clay to 1 1/2 sand.  On the opposite end of the spectrum, when
we do a high straw mix, the sand is usually held to half the clay
amount.  For example, a mix might be 3 straw, 2 1/2 clay to 1 1/4
sand.  As I remember without going back to your site, the ratio was
something like 1 clay to 13 fines.  That tells me is has to be quite
weak and that the wheat paste is doing a lot of the work instead of
the clay.  Why both manure and poly fibers?  A couple of thoughts -
the wheat paste is really weather susceptible, if you need a glue,
casein activated with lime acts a whole lot better - no comparison.  A
little linseed oil makes it even better.  I would like to discuss it
with you more when you have time.

Bill