Re: GSBN:mesh reinforcing for earth plasters

Bruce

I would take a look at geogrid materials - they are a specific woven (as
opposed to non-woven, mat-like geotextiles) geotextile that is typically
made of polypropylene or high density polyesther in grids with very large
openings - 1-1/2" or larger used for soil stabilization and they're
really strong. Enkagrid is one brand that I've seen and there are quite a
few others. As I recall, some also have different axial characteristics
that might or might not matter.  There are also some fencing materials
that are made of similar materials that might work, but the geogrids and
geotextiles, since they are used structurally in soil and slope
stabilization generally have been thoroughly tested and so have good
product engineering data available, giving you an easier path to
calculating their contribution to structural reinforcement.

Hope that helps you find what you're looking for...

David

David Eisenberg
Director
Development Center for Appropriate Technology (DCAT)
P.O. Box 27513
Tucson, Arizona 85726-7513 USA
(520) 624-6628
(520) 798-3701 Fax
David@...
strawnet@...(direct personal e-mail)
www.dcat.net

The way to subvert the dominant paradigm is to have
more fun than they have and make sure they know it!