GSBN:Off-topic (a poor use of GSBN resources?)

David Eisenberg's birthday!

While I don't think these announcements and well-wishes are a bad thing, recent comments made here are a reminder that it might be just the sort of tripe that drives people - like the birthday boy himself - away from email lists. Me, I think it's part of the whole "community" ethos of SB, which IMO is terribly important and increasingly overlooked. If I should knock it off, say so. Publicly or privately, though privately would probably be preferred by some number of folks rather than a time-wasting thread about such a 'trivial' issue. I won't be offended or hurt.

That said, I'm still collecting SB birthdays for no reason other than this kind of post (which may migrate into some other thing, or to some other forum). Send your own, or rat out a friend. If I've announced yours in the past and you want that to not happen again, let me know.