From: "Lars Keller" larskeller@...
To: "Global Straw Bale Network" GSBN@...
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 4:03 PM
Subject: GSBN:EASA 003

Dear you,

First some info. Then a question.
Something quite interesting happened in November, when I gave a lecture and
a building workshop on the Danish island Bornholm. It was the NC-meeting
(National Contact) for the upcoming EASA003 (the European Architecture
Student Assembly 2003). EASA is... (well, better read about it, since you
wont believe me !!!).
Well, the short and the long of it is, that this summer - July 27th to
August 10th - approximately 400 architecture students from all over Europe
are gonna come to Friland, where they are going to look into this year's
theme:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                      Sustainable Living
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two weeks
400 architecture students (covering countries from Portugal to Finland,
Iceland to Turkey).
The theme is Sustainable Living
25 different workshops are going to take place throughout (The sky is the
limit...)

The Danish Contingent's contribution is going to be the construction of a
100m2 exhibition pavilion. Sustainable materials. An open competition. To be
build in 10 days !

And this is the question:

I am at the moment working on the info about the building materials.
I would appreciate constructive comments about
- my choice of materials (Chapter 06.01 Materials)
- suggestions to eg. pictures, links or text that I ought to add to the
description of the materials, (which I'm working on at the moment).
- the Competition Brief in general

www.easa003.dk/econ/

Yours sincerely
Lars Keller