Re: GSBN:Low Tech SB wall

Dear Tim,

> The question that I would like input on is the top plate and base
connection
> for the simplest earth plastered wall. In California we don't have much
> occasion to build with this commonly built wall. We really want to avoid
the
> folly of a silly solution that everyone will have to replicate. We will
> strap the wall with poly every two feet. This however does not seem to be
> enough.

Isn't that just wat testing is about, testing to find out what works and
what does not, to show that it is an OK or SILLY solution. If the straps
fail that would be interesting to know, because a lot of people believe in
them.

But maybe 'you' prefer to use the budget to show what works rather that what
doesn't.

Bye,
Andr?