From: GSBN [mailto:GSBN@...] On Behalf Of Rob Tom
Sent: March 4, 2003 10:55
To: GSBN@...
Cc: bainbrid@...
Subject: GSBN:Re: : slab edge insulation

David;

I've never used the perlite/cement mix of which you speak but I do
wonder
how well the material drains since it is presumably being used at/below
grade where it is likely to suck up ground moisture quite readily (and
hence
compromise its value as insulation) due to the large percentage of void
in
the low-density material ?

(ie Expanded perlite is highly absorptive (2-90% by volume) and quite
vapour-permeable (32 perms)...don't know what the properties are when
combined with cement)

  --- * ---
Robert W. Tom
Kanata, Ontario, Canada
rw_tom@...

please visit:  http://www.theHungerSite.com daily

Date: 3 Mar 2003 13:07:55 -0600
From: bainbridge bainbrid@...

>foamed concrete insulation

>Perlite concrete can be made with a dry density of 20 lb/ft3(320
kg/m3) The lower the density, the higher the insulating value.