Date: 5 Mar 2003 03:14:22 -0600
From: "Andre_de_Bouter" m.ep@...
Subject: Re: GSBN:Re: : slab edge insulation

Hi,

What is IMHO? And what is a peel and stick?

Andre

>From the land that uses mostly one solution against termites; poison (that
pushes the termites to your neighbour until it is no longer active)

Date: 5 Mar 2003 10:31:31 -0600
From: john@...

Andre,

IMHO is the People's Alternative Building Code, translates: "In My Humble
Opinion".

"Peel and Stick"?  well I can think of lots of descriptions for what it
MIGHT mean, mostly visions of Gypsy Rose Lee, but what it means HERE is a
bituminous membrane that is sticky on one side so that you can adhere it to
something like a concrete foundation wall or plywood deck. It comes in a
roll, and the sticky side is covered with paper to keep the membrane from
sticking to itself.  This paper is PEELED off before STICKing the membrane
to the surface.  Hence, "Peel and Stick".

Got it?

John

- ----
- ----

Date: 5 Mar 2003 11:26:04 -0600
From: jfstraube@...

In My Humble Opinion
Peel and stick - a self adhesive membrane, typically of SBS modifed
bitumen with a polyethylene carrier sheet. See bakor, Grace Ice and
Water Shield, Bituthene, etc.

- ----

- ----