From: Hannes Hohensinner hohensin@...
To: strawbale@...; esbn-techresearch@...
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 1:35 PM
Subject: [Esbn-techresearch] new compression tests? sound tests

Dear balers,

we are looking for the most recent compression tests of big bales.
The available test results from the US and Australia are some years old
and they tested mainly the small bales.

Calculations on statics result in very thick walls for a two storey
load bearing constructions, when using the test results of US tests. We
know that big bales have a higher density and
hence smaller walls should be possible. But for a reliable calculation
we would need accurate data. If you know, that there are new tests
made, we would appriciate, if you could send us your results.

best regards

PS: We are doing sound tests at the moment and will be able to publish
them in the near future.

PPS: Please send this mail to the GSBN mailing list. Thanks