Re: GSBN:Fwd: [Strawbale] new compression tests? sound tests

-We mailed your books, last Mon. May 19th. Pls. let us
know when you get them. Hope all is well w/ you. Joy

<mailto:strawbale-request@amper.ped.muni.cz?subject=help>

<mailto:strawbale-request@amper.ped.muni.cz?subject=subscribe>

> >Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:35:46 +0200
> >
> >Dear balers,
> >
> >we are looking for the most recent compression
> tests of big bales.
> >The available test results from the US and
> Australia are some years old
> >and they tested mainly the small bales.
> >
> >Calculations on statics result in very thick walls
> for a two storey load
> >bearing constructions, when using the test results
> of US tests. We know
> >that big bales have a higher density and
> >hence smaller walls should be possible. But for a
> reliable calculation we
> >would need accurate data. If you know, that there
> are new tests made, we
> >would appriciate, if you could send us your
> results.
> >
> >best regards
> >
> >PS: We are doing sound tests at the moment and will
> be able to publish
> >them in the near future.
> >
> >PPS: Please send this mail to the GSBN mailing
> list. Thanks

=====
Maurice and Joy Bennett

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or
the holy name of liberty and democracy?         Gandhi