GSBN:Fwd: Re: Pictures and Lehm Leichtlehm data

Guys trust a German to come up with numbers. Friedemann kindly sent me the following data.

X-From_: mahlke@...Jun 02 18:28:22 2003
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:27:13 +0200
From: mahlke mahlke@...
To: Rene Dalmeijer rened@...
Subject: Re: Pictures and Lehm Leichtlehm data

> >E-modules of earthen stucco? There is a "dynamische Elastizitaetsmodul"
> >of 8000-8500n/mm2 for a loam with a high clay-content (University of
> >Siegen, Institut fuer Bau- und Werkstoffchemie)clay content is usually
> >somewhere between 20-30% for that sort of loam. for stucco you will need
> >less clay, maybe 10-15% so the E-module should be not that high.
>
> Thank you are the first person to give me any data. Shows you if its not
> measured or recorded in Germany then it is not available anywhere.
>
> I am anxiously awaiting your permeance data.

water vapour permeability:
usually you are working with water vapour resistance in Germany called
Wasserdampfdiffusionswiderstandszahl m? (greek m), in combination with
layer thickness s you will get the equivalent 'air film thickness' (in
meter) an abstract value that alllows you to compare the tightness of
different materials in different thicknesses.
Loam has water vapour resistance of 6-8 (clayly loam 7, silty loam 6,
sandy loam 7,5, loam plaster with a high clay content up to 10), lime
plaster  about 10, concrete 70-150, cement plaster 15-35.

To get your 'air film thickness' sd you need the product of m and s, i.e
a wall of loam, 24cm has a sd-value of 7 x 0,24 = 1,68 m

understandable? I hope that were the datas you were looking for. If not
I will do my best to give you the right datas.

- friedemann

> Rene Dalmeijer

Rene Dalmeijer