Re: GSBN:Help : Bales and sound suppression

David,

I can't give you any measured numbers for un plastered bales maybe in the future.

What I can give you is this Please take into careful consideration these are preliminary results and not the final report.

The test has been done according to ISO 140-3 which is to determine the sound isolation of a building member between 2 acoustically separated chambers (the test sample is placed in an aperture between the chambers)

The SB sample consisted of:

- Building quality bales ie density according to the codes. 450mm thick
- Earth/clay plaster 25mm and 35mm (intentionally asymmetrical cover)
- No reinforcing plaster nettting or mesh

The preliminary result is:

63Hz  30.9dB
125Hz 36.4dB
250Hz 36.1dB
500Hz 46.2dB
1000Hz 59.1dB
2000Hz 67.0dB
4000Hz 59.2dB

Sound sorption measurements have not been made.