[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: GSBN:Help : Bales and sound suppression
- To: "GSBN" GSBN@...
- Subject: Re: GSBN:Help : Bales and sound suppression
- From: Rene Dalmeijer rened@...
- Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:42:53 +0200
- Reply-to: "GSBN" GSBN@...
- Sender: "GSBN" GSBN@...
I can't give you any measured numbers for un plastered bales maybe in the
What I can give you is this Please take into careful consideration these
are preliminary results and not the final report.
The test has been done according to ISO 140-3 which is to determine the
sound isolation of a building member between 2 acoustically separated
chambers (the test sample is placed in an aperture between the chambers)
The SB sample consisted of:
- Building quality bales ie density according to the codes. 450mm thick
- Earth/clay plaster 25mm and 35mm (intentionally asymmetrical cover)
- No reinforcing plaster nettting or mesh
The preliminary result is:
Sound sorption measurements have not been made.
At 08:32 PM 8/4/03, you wrote:
Can anyone help?
During your work with hay bales as building structures, did you come across
or conduct any research regarding how hay bale walls will attenuate noise.
We often require project proponents to construct noise attentuation
structures to reduce noise impacts to sensitive wildlife and are looking
for some research regarding straw bales.
Fish and Wildlife Biologist