RE: GSBN:Mechanical Systems in Commercial SB building

Another candidate company - would be Davis Energy Group - clever is as clever does.... They are very good. A food store would have some neat synergies of refrigeration waste heat...for....
Daylighting of course...
http://www.davisenergy.com/main2.htm

Marshall Hunt might be a good adviser as well - not sure where his hat is hanging these days.

Cheers

David

I have a client who is trying to get his mechanical engineers to understand
the level of energy efficiency of a bale building, while also attempting to
help them see the world outside of their small boxes.  He wants to simplify
his mechanical systems, and they have designed him a cadillac system.  The
project is a natural food store in Montana and we are looking for examples
of not-too-complicated systems placed in commercial bale structures.  Can
anyone help with this one?  Any example projects come to  mind?

Jeff Ruppert, P.E.
Odisea, LLC
Consulting, Engineering and Design
1022 Main St.
Carbondale, CO  81623
303.881.2905
jeff@...
www.odiseanet.com
--
David A. Bainbridge
Associate Professor, Sustainable Management

Fax (858) 635-4730	Ph (858) 635-4616

It is better to be crudely right than precisely wrong. Todd Neubauer
http://www.ases.org/about_ases/awards/passive_pioneer.htm
http://www.sustainableenergy.org/resources/technologies/solar_passive.htm
http://www.serg.sdsu.edu/SERG/techniques.html
ISIE	http://www.yale.edu/is4ie/