Date: 15 Oct 2003 11:16:29 -0500
From: Chris Magwood TLSEditor@...
Subject: TLS World Tour of Straw Bale

Hello All!

Just to let you know that as of the passing of the "official"
deadline for articles for the upcoming TLS "world tour" issue, we
have reports from many parts of the world, but are still missing a
few that would be great to include.

Received so far are reports/articles from:
France
Norway
Nicaragua
Spain
Canada
USA (none from any of the regional assns, however)
Saudi Arabia
Israel
Germany
Russia
Happy smiles and gold stars to everybody in those nations!

Conspicuously absent are:
England/UK
Denmark
Holland
Australia
New Zealand
Belgium
Austria
Mongolia
to name a few of the places where we know there are projects going on...

We are looking for articles on particular projects, or an overview of
recent bale building activity in that area. If you know of activity
in other places, please let me know soon. The real real deadline is
soon approaching, and I'd like for this issue to be as complete as
possible.

Remember, I'm willing to take your leads and do the legwork myself!

Hope all is well out there!

Chris
- --

***************************

http://www.strawhomes.ca

The Last Straw Journal?
You should!
  http://www.thelaststraw.org

I'll get you something on Mexico, what's the absolute latest date? How
long do you want it.

Bill

On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 08:44 AM, Chris Magwood wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> Just to let you know that as of the passing of the "official" deadline
> for articles for the upcoming TLS "world tour" issue, we have reports
> from many parts of the world, but are still missing a few that would
> be great to include.
>
> Received so far are reports/articles from:
> France
> Norway
> Nicaragua
> Spain
> Canada
> USA (none from any of the regional assns, however)
> Saudi Arabia
> Israel
> Germany
> Russia
> Happy smiles and gold stars to everybody in those nations!
>
> Conspicuously absent are:
> England/UK
> Denmark
> Holland
> Australia
> New Zealand
> Belgium
> Austria
> Mongolia
> to name a few of the places where we know there are projects going
> on...
>
> We are looking for articles on particular projects, or an overview of
> recent bale building activity in that area. If you know of activity in
> other places, please let me know soon. The real real deadline is soon
> approaching, and I'd like for this issue to be as complete as > possible.
>
> Remember, I'm willing to take your leads and do the legwork myself!
>
> Hope all is well out there!
>
> Chris
> --
>

> ***************************
>
> Chris Magwood / Camel's Back Straw Bale Construction
> http://www.strawhomes.ca
>
> Interested in bale building? Have you subscribed to
> The Last Straw Journal?
> You should!
>  http://www.thelaststraw.org
> ----

Athena & Bill Steen
The Canelo Project
HC1 Box 324
Canelo/Elgin, AZ 85611
absteen@...
www.caneloproject.com

You have got a report from Norway from Arild Berg - so we are one of the
klever nations.
I have just been in Russia - building a strawbalehouse and since Russia is
on this list I would be interested to know if you have any contact with
natural builders / projects in the St. Petersburg area. This would be
helpful.

Rolf Jacobsen.
Gaia architects. Norway.